The Tech.eu podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below.
On this episode, we discuss the following topics:
The European Parliament has passed the copyright directive, which contains the infamous Article 11, aka the link tax, and Article 13, aka the upload filter and the meme killer.
- The Copyright Directive
- Data mining: why the EU’s proposed copyright measures get it wrong
- EU copyright reform will spell disaster for sports fans
- Everything you need to know about Europe’s new copyright directive
What’s next for the EU’s grant schemes for entrepreneurs and researchers: an interview with the director of EASME Julien Guerrier.
French travel platform Evaneos has picked up €70 million in a Series D funding round led by Partech. This is the largest deal we tracked last week.
How is TomTom doing? An interview with Corinne Vigreux, co-founder of TomTom and founder of Codam.nl.
Google and the EU are fighting the possibility of expanding the “right to be forgotten” globally.
Events coming up in Europe:
- Angel Island, Amsterdam
- Lviv IT Arena
- France Digitale Day, Paris
- Oslo Innovation Week
- Cybertech Europe, Rome
Recommendations from Natalie and Andrii
- Hedge, a book by Nicolas Colin of the Family
- The Copenhagen Catalog
- How An International Hacker Network Turned Stolen Press Releases Into $100 Million
- Darknet Diaries Podcast
Let us know how we did! Send any questions, suggestions, and opinions to email@example.com.
Enjoy, subscribe, and tell all your friends!