Please take into account that many events are being postponed or canceled in light of the global coronavirus outbreak.
You can find an up-to-date list of major events that have been affected here.
On Dec. 1, the Center for Data Innovation will host the European AI Policy Conference, a full-featured virtual event.
The conference is a high-level forum that will bring together some of the leading voices in AI from across the continent to discuss why European success in AI is important, how the EU compares to other world leaders today, and what steps European policymakers should take to be more competitive in AI. The European AI Policy Conference will connect stakeholders working to promote AI in Europe, showcase advances in AI, and promote AI policies supporting its development to EU policymakers and thought leaders.
Speakers will include, among many others:
• Fernanda Viégas, Senior Researcher, Google
• André de Aragão Azevedo, Secretary of State for the Digital Transition of the Government of Portugal
• Nacho Rodríguez Solís, Lead Data Scientist, Vodafone Business
• Magdalena Piech, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Allegro & Chair, European Tech Alliance
• Dragoș Tudorache, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe, Chair of the Special Committee on Artificial Intelligence (AIDA)
• Phillip Malloch, Director of Economic and Social Policy, EU Affairs, Facebook
• Lucilla Sioli, Director of Artificial Intelligence and Digital Industry, DG CNECT, European Commission
• Jessica Lennard, Senior Director for Global Data and AI Initiatives, Visa
• Peter Lochbihler, Director of Public Affairs, Booking.com
• Dita Charanzová, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe Group, Vice President of the European Parliament
• Robert Dehm, Information Society and Telecommunications Attaché, Permanent Representation of Germany to the EU
More information and registration are available at https://www.