The tech.eu podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below. Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
On this episode, hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler, we discussed the following topics:
Wimdu, a Germany-based “Airbnb killer” is shutting down by the end of 2018.
- Wimdu’s press statement
- Report: Rocket Internet-founded Wimdu shuts down, prepares to lay off more than 100 staff
Interview: Oscar Jazdowski, who is setting up Silicon Valley Bank in Germany. Recorded by Robin Wauters on the Bits & Pretzels conference in Munich.
The biggest reported deal of the last week: SEBA Crypto, a Swiss fintech startup, has raised CHF100 million, or about €88 million, to build a crypto bank.
- Swiss startup SEBA raises funds to build a crypto bank
- Swiss startup raises $103 million to launch cryptocurrency bank
Interview: Kelly Adam, program manager of TechStars’ new accelerator in Amsterdam. Recorded by Andrii Degeler on the Angel Island in Amsterdam.
UK newspaper industry demands a levy on tech firms, first of all, Facebook and Google
- World Summit AI in Amsterdam, the Netherlands; October 10–11
- Health Pioneers in Vienna, Austria; October 10
- RuhrSummit in Bochum, Germany; October 11–12
- Europe Code Week; October 6–21
- SaaStock in Dublin, Ireland; October 15–17
- Uprise Festival in Dublin, Ireland; October 17–18
If you are looking for more things to do, check out our events section. Have a suggestion to add? Let us know by filling out the form.
Our reading recommendation: “The State of European Autotech” report just released by tech.eu.
Photo by G. Crescoli on Unsplash
Would you like to write the first comment?Login to post comments