The tech.eu podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below. Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
Wimdu, a Germany-based “Airbnb killer” is shutting down by the end of 2018.
- Wimdu’s press statement
- Report: Rocket Internet-founded Wimdu shuts down, prepares to lay off more than 100 staff
Interview: Oscar Jazdowski, who is setting up Silicon Valley Bank in Germany. Recorded by Robin Wauters on the Bits & Pretzels conference in Munich.
The biggest reported deal of the last week: SEBA Crypto, a Swiss fintech startup, has raised CHF100 million, or about €88 million, to build a crypto bank.
- Swiss startup SEBA raises funds to build a crypto bank
- Swiss startup raises $103 million to launch cryptocurrency bank
UK newspaper industry demands a levy on tech firms, first of all, Facebook and Google
- World Summit AI in Amsterdam, the Netherlands; October 10–11
- Health Pioneers in Vienna, Austria; October 10
- RuhrSummit in Bochum, Germany; October 11–12
- Europe Code Week; October 6–21
- SaaStock in Dublin, Ireland; October 15–17
- Uprise Festival in Dublin, Ireland; October 17–18
Our reading recommendation: “The State of European Autotech” report just released by tech.eu.