Tech.eu Podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
This episode’s featured interview is part of a series of three conversations with French startups recorded at Slush 2019. The series is kindly sponsored by La French Tech, the brand that represents the French startup ecosystem and all those in it — from bioscience to online marketplaces — wherever in the world they come from.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below. Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
Here are the extra reading links for this week’s topics.
🎧 Uber’s license — or rather lack thereof — in London
- Uber gets temporary two-month license reprieve in London
- Uber has again been denied licence renewal in London over safety risks
- Uber London Limited found to be not fit and proper to hold a private hire operator licence
🎧 European tech in the “Valley of death”
- EU plans $3.9 billion fund for startups in ‘Valley of death’
- €14.35 million to 287 innovative companies
- Enhanced European Innovation Council (EIC) pilot
🎧 Reading recommendations
- How our home delivery habit reshaped the world
- Laudatio speech for Axel Springer Award winner Shoshana Zuboff by President-elect Dr. Ursula von der Leyen
- A Harvard Business School professor says that it might be a good idea to shut down Facebook or Google for ‘a day or a week in order to show that it is democracy that rules here’