tech.eu Podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below. Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
Here are the extra reading links for this week’s topics.
🎧 Tesla’s new gigafactory in Germany
- Elon Musk’s plan to build a new Tesla factory in Germany makes no sense. Here’s why.
- Tesla’s Berlin plant sets up ‘duel’ with German carmakers
- Elon Musk just chose Berlin as the location for Tesla’s newest factory. But the CEO might be wildly underestimating cultural differences between the US and Germany as Walmart, Amazon, and Chrysler have done before.
- Tesla Gigafactory Europe to be built in Germany, not UK, as Elon Musk blames Brexit uncertainty
- Tesla factory outside Berlin to cost €4 billion
🎧 The wave of new venture funds in Europe
- Dutch VC firm Borski Fund raises €21 million fund to blow wind in the sails of female founders
- Northzone announces new $500 million fund for consumer and enterprise companies overthrowing legacy tech
- EQT Ventures closes second fund at €660 million, will help startups scale out of Europe and US companies scale in
- Angular Ventures debuts with $41 million fund for deep tech enterprise companies in Europe and Israel
- Balderton Capital announces new $400 million early-stage fund for European startups
- MMC Ventures outs new £100M ‘Scale Up’ fund to double-down on its portfolio at the later stage
- Before the (American) Flood
- Silicon Valley VC Sequoia hiring to boost startup investing in Europe
🎧 Reading recommendations