The tech.eu Podcast is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
This week, we talk about some of the biggest stories in European tech from the past week, including Zynga’s acquisition of Rollic, the European Commission’s investigation of the Google/Fitbit deal, Northvolt securing $1.6 billion in debt financing, and Uber buying Autocab. Later in the show, you’ll hear an interview with TransferWise CFO Matt Briers, as the company is riding high with a fresh $5 billion valuation to prove it.
You can find the latest episode embedded below.
Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
And here are the notes and links for this week’s episode:
Zynga buys another Turkish gaming company
- Zynga Enters Into Agreement to Acquire Istanbul-based Rollic, One of the Fastest Growing Hyper-Casual Mobile Game Companies (PR)
- Zynga acquires hypercasual mobile company Rollic for $168m (GamesIndustry.biz)
- Zynga is acquiring hypercasual mobile game firm Rollic for at least $168 million (Venturebeat)
Uber buys the UK’s Autocab
- Uber is buying a taxi software company to expand its foothold in the UK (CNBC)
- Uber is buying its biggest rival in the UK (Engadget)
- Uber to acquire Autocab in expansion partnership (Intelligent Transport)
Northvolt riding the ‘momentum of electrification’
- Battery developer Northvolt raises $US1.6 billion for two new gigafactories (The Driven)
- Northvolt secures $1.6bn backing for twin battery gigafactories (PV Magazine)
European Commission moves to investigate the Google/Fitbit deal