The tech.eu podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below. Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
Here’s what we discussed this time.
The biggest deal of the week: Berlin’s GoEuro who has raised a $150 million investment round by Kinnevik and Temasek, with participation from Hillhouse Capital. I was at a few things they did when I was living in Berlin– they really have a cool company and they are providing a lot of utility for people travelling around Europe.
If you are interested in staying in the know about all the deals — check out the tech.eu Insider newsletter!
Google has abandoned plans to open a new campus for startups in Berlin’s Kreuzberg.
- Google abandons Berlin base after two years of resistance
- ‘Google go home’: the Berlin neighbourhood fighting off a tech giant
- Fuck Off Google
Ireland is joining the ranks of the countries where Airbnb and other short-term rental platforms get heavily regulated.
- Ireland to regulate Airbnb-style rentals to tackle housing shortage
- Clampdown on Airbnb rentals ‘will be difficult’
- Connected Data London 2018; November 7
- Web Summit in Lisbon; November 5–8
- Govtech Summit in Paris; November 12
- Techstars Startup Weeks around Europe; November
Did we miss something? Let us know by filling out the event submission form.
Our reading recommendations:
- Nitasha Tiku on Wired, “An alternative history of Silicon Valley disruption”
- David Heinemier Hansson, “It doesn’t have to be crazy at work”
Image credit: Sean Gallup/Getty Images | The Guardian