Here's what happened today in European Tech.
- Stockholm’s BNPL juggernaut Klarna has confirmed a new equity funding round of $639 million led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund 2. With this raise Klarna now clocks in at a post-money valuation of $45.6 billion, a figure that is only eclipsed by Stripe in the fintech world.
- After two decades of being one of Europe’s leading Series A venture firms, Balderton Capital has raised a mammoth $680 million to launch an early growth fund.
- Ledger, the Paris-based producer of crypto hardware wallets, has closed a $380 million Series C fundraise valuing the startup at more than $1.5 billion.
- UK based core banking provider 10x Future Technologies is set to sell a slice of its business in a deal valuing the company at more than £500 million.
- European growth investor HPE Growth has collected €160 million to support an increasingly popular deal structure that gives the firm more time to support PPRO, a cross-border payments infrastructure technology company the firm initially backed in 2014.
- Israeli big data web and mobile app analytics company Glassbox has announced the successful completion of its IPO on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE). The company raised $100 million at a valuation of nearly $500 million.
- London-based Permira aims to raise some $2.5 billion for its second growth fund focused on investments in smaller, growing technology companies.
- French e-signature startup Yousign has raised a $36.6 million Series A funding round. Lead Edge Capital is leading the round and eFounders is investing once again in the company.
- Nexxiot, a Swiss company active in global supply chain digitisation, has raised $25 million in a round led by US investment firm QVIDTVM.
- Parisian mobile games publisher Voodoo has acquired Tel Aviv-based cross-channel marketing automation platform Bidshake.
- We also tracked a large number of (other) European tech funding rounds and M&A transactions, all of which we are putting in a handy list for you on Friday afternoon in our weekly roundup newsletter (note: the full list is for paying customers only). Also check out our European tech news section for ongoing coverage.
- A European Union privacy regulator has proposed a fine of more than $425 million against Amazon, part of a process that could yield the biggest-yet penalty under the bloc’s privacy law.
- The European Parliament is set to call for more funding for female entrepreneurs in the EU as MEPs gear up for a vote on a new report on gender equality in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- Britain's competition watchdog is planning a formal competition investigation into e-commerce company Amazon over its use of data.
- Significant cyberattacks against critical targets in Europe have doubled in the past year, according to new EU figures.
- Stockholm-based, globally-minded VC firm Creandum has announced the promotion of now-former Principal Peter Specht to Partner. Specht will remain in Berlin, thus strengthening the firms’ presence in one of Europe’s leading startup ecosystems.
- Food delivery service Deliveroo is partnering with Neighbourhood Watch in the UK to offer training to its couriers to keep an eye out for crimes.
Today's Top Tweets
🎙 What is a venture builder, how it works, and how is it better than just founding a company on your own?
— Tech.eu (@tech_eu) June 10, 2021
🎙On The Wallet, I spoke to @checkwarner of VC fund @adaventures - a $50m fund that supports overlooked and underrepresented tech founders. Loved our chat about about raising money, privilege, diversity and personal finances 💛 https://t.co/j23DHAeDaj pic.twitter.com/SRa9F6GLrR
— Emilie Bellet (@emilieldn) June 10, 2021
Just me or are new unicorns being announced in France on a weekly basis? Anyways, go @Ledger 💪💪💪
— Roxanne Varza (@roxannevarza) June 10, 2021
Wanna join us in discovering Cyprus – as a destination or launchpad for novel tech ventures & scale-ups?
Sign up now for interesting insights on Cyprus’ tech ecosystem - a free event put together in partnership with @InvestCyprus:
— Tech.eu (@tech_eu) June 10, 2021
🔥 Together with @dealroomco we’ve created a top 100 of Dutch Startups and Scaleups with the biggest funding rounds of 2021 so far!
Are you missing any companies that deserve a spot on this list? Let us know!
— Techleap.nl (@Techleapnl) June 10, 2021
looking forward to seeing all of my lovely European Tech conference friends back in person...
— Ξthan Pierse 🚀 🦇🔊 (@EthanPierse) June 10, 2021
— Invest Europe (@InvestEuropeEU) June 10, 2021
Here is the second cohort of the Female Founders Fellowship 🔥
A program designed to accelerate success for exemplary female founders 🚀
This new cohort is supported by @GoldmanSachs' Launch with GS initiative 💪
— STATION F (@joinstationf) June 10, 2021
Relocating to the US requires relinquishing day-to-day ownership of the product roadmap and adapting to running a global business.
— Index Ventures (@IndexVentures) June 10, 2021
Imagine being able to improve your company‘s #productivity with robots on the production floor. That‘s possible with @Shop4Cf, which supports companies in implementing effective #manufacturing processes. Apply now! https://t.co/rwvvUYdi3z
— SCALE.CITIES (@ScaleCities) June 10, 2021
Delighted to officially welcome Olga, Alex and their amazing Team to the #FlashpointFamily !!
Proud to be part of @Mercaux exciting growth story! 🚀 @flashpoint_vc#VentureDebt #teamwork #SaaS #portfoliocompany #gearinguptoseriesB https://t.co/Oe86FcBYtn
— Donatella Callegaris 🇬🇧🇮🇹🇭🇷 (@CallegarisD) June 10, 2021
.@BoltApp is looking for Head of #Sustainability💚
Develop our strategy📄 manage multi-million euro budget 📊 & green projects🍏 plus global partnerships!
Please apply, tag a person or share in your network! 🙏#GreenPlan #StartupJobs #Green https://t.co/lPgKQwKmwN pic.twitter.com/CuxXwo2AJF
— Martin Villig 🇪🇪 (@waldec) June 10, 2021
Tell us what you think about this daily roundup and how we can improve it!
And follow us on Twitter of course.