The Tech.eu podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below.
On this episode, we discuss the following topics:
GitLab, a DevOps software platform, has raised $100 million at a valuation of $1.1 billion.
France’s fintech coup
- The Govtech Summit
- Le Swave launches its second recruitment campaign
- Scouting For Fintechs: Is French President Emmanuel Macron Keeping His Promise?
- Newly Approved ICO Framework May Turn France Into Europe’s Leading ICO Hub
- France Woos U.K. Finance as Industry Reels From Brexit Paper
- Video: Learn more about Le Swave, first Fintech incubation platform in Paris CBD
It’s the rumours time! Bloomberg reports that Uber is talking to Deliveroo about acquisition possibilities.
- Uber Is in Early Talks to Buy Europe’s Deliveroo
- Uber Eats couriers’ pay protest brings traffic to a halt in central London
Events coming up in Europe:
- Angel Island, Amsterdam
- Lviv IT Arena
- Mondial.Tech, Paris
- Bits and Pretzels, Munich
- France Digitale Day, Paris
- Oslo Innovation Week
- Cybertech Europe, Rome
Recommendations from Natalie and Andrii
The true cost of the gig economy—an example of Amazon delivery drivers
- ‘Someone is going to die in this truck’: Amazon drivers and managers describe harrowing deliveries inside trucks with ‘bald tires,’ broken mirrors, and faulty brakes
- Missing wages, grueling shifts, and bottles of urine: The disturbing accounts of Amazon delivery drivers may reveal the true human cost of ‘free’ shipping
- I Delivered Packages for Amazon and It Was a Nightmare
- Amazon drivers ‘work illegal hours’
- A day in the life of an Amazon delivery driver
The Point Nine Land and other content created by VCs