The Tech.eu Podcast is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
This week, we talk about some of the biggest stories in European tech from the past week, including e-bike maker Cowboy raising funding, Paris picking its three e-scooter darlings, the European venture report released by Crunchbase, the SoundCloud founders’ new gig and more. Later in the show, you’ll hear an interview with Philippe Botteri, who is a partner at VC firm Accel.
You can find the latest episode embedded below.
Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
And here are the notes and links for this week’s episode:
eBay sells it classified biz to Norway’s Adevinta
- Adevinta signs agreement to acquire eBay Classifieds Group (Adevinta)
- One of the oldest businesses on the internet just got sold for $9 billion (CNN Business)
- eBay sells its classifieds business to Adevinta for $9.2 billion (Venturebeat)
e-mobility news from across Europe
- Paris snubs Bird in highly competitive electric scooter competition (The Verge)
- Belgian e-bike company Cowboy snags €23 million Series B to continue European expansion (Tech.eu)
- Soundcloud founders launch Berlin-based e-bike subscription startup (Reuters)
The EU leaders’ lack of digital ambitions
- EU leaders slash science spending in €1.8 trillion deal (Science)
- MEPs debate recovery fund, condemn major cuts to long-term EU budget (European Parliament)
- Leaders agree on slimmed-down €80.9B for Horizon Europe (Science|Business)
- Von der Leyen deplores ‘regrettable’ cuts in health, research, climate (New Europe)
European tech’s Q2 was ok, considering…