Here's what happened today in European Tech.
- Danish-British log management software company Humio has been acquired by cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike for a total of around $400 million.
- Earlybird Digital East Fund — a fund associated with Germany’s Earlybird VC, but operating separately — has launched a €200 million successor fund.
- Swiss digital asset bank Sygnum has scored an eight-figure dollar investment from a unit of Japanese financial behemoth SBI Holdings.
- Grip, a London, UK-based market engagement platform, raised $13 million in Series A funding.
- Cambridge GaN Devices, a University of Cambridge spinout that replaces silicon in transistors with a more energy-efficient material has raised $9.5 million in a Series A funding round.
- Israel polymer 3D printing solutions company Stratasys has acquired UK-based RP Support (RPS), which provides industrial stereo-lithography 3D printers and solutions.
- We also tracked a large number of (other) European tech funding rounds and M&A transactions, all of which we are putting in a handy list for you on Friday afternoon in our weekly roundup newsletter (note: the full list is for paying customers only). Also check out our European tech news section for ongoing coverage.
- Lithuania has banned a Chinese tech firm on security grounds, while Estonia warned the EU on the dangers of both Chinese and Russian espionage.
- Banking challenger Revolut has made several changes to its trading business, including an increase in custody fees and a reduction in the number of free trades it offers users.
- London-headquartered recurring payments giant GoCardless is to create around 300 jobs.
- The Spanish government will publish in “the coming weeks” a detailed roadmap to position the country as Europe’s biggest multimedia “hub”, said economic and digital transformation minister Nadia Calviño.
Today's Top Tweets
Great fun discussing all things Growth with @anitamoorthy this morning - looking forward to learning from this scarily impressive collection of experts (pressure was on!) when the podcast series comes out in a few weeks. https://t.co/buOm84uDVw
— Andy Young (@andyy) February 18, 2021
👑 Instead of competing for an imaginary crown, what if cities join forces to seek startup excellence?
13 cities. $350B ecosystem value. 54 unicorns. @ScaleCities have teamed up to create Europe’s most connected tech hubs. So how do they stack up? 🧵 pic.twitter.com/P2Xx93e4jx
— Dealroom.co (@dealroomco) February 18, 2021
It was a pleasure to write this interview with @csertoglu, who’s team has for years doggedly unpacked the raw tech talent in Turkey & CEE, quietly building a powerhouse VC fund and enabling founders (Peak Games, Trendyol etc) to succeed in the region. https://t.co/DGzPQcMqWv
— Mike Butcher (@mikebutcher) February 18, 2021
EA says it's completed its $1.2 billion acquisition of British racing game developer Codemasters. https://t.co/U66kvR5IYk
— Ryan Browne (@Ryan_Browne_) February 18, 2021
🗣️📢 Viewpoint from @JohannaLehne and @EleonoraNMoro from @E3G: It’s time to put a greater focus on climate research. #HorizonEurope must support research and scale-up to ensure Europe can lead in clean technologies.
Read more 👉 https://t.co/pMuBvwm4Zq#ClimateAction #climate pic.twitter.com/y96RcnNamh
— Science|Business (@scibus) February 18, 2021
The team at https://t.co/rywdhxoMcC are building a TaxOS for the fastest growing companies in the world! 🙌
We're excited to join them alongside our friends at Cavalry Ventures, @mustardseedmaze & Amaranthine ✨
Read about their plans for the future 👇https://t.co/MoP4CIFQLQ
— seedcamp (@seedcamp) February 18, 2021
Following the departure of Ludovic Le Moan from @sigfox, some thoughts about the danger of startup worship in the latest French Tech Journal (@FRTechJournal). https://t.co/zVvhOK2Noi
— Chris O'Brien (@obrien) February 18, 2021
🔊@adegeler, tech journalist & @tech_eu podcast host is the guest of the new episode of Mayak Innovatsiy with @dominiquepiotet Listen here: https://t.co/jiPKU75n0X pic.twitter.com/Xnxtzxdnr1
— UNIT.City (@unit__city) February 18, 2021
We are thrilled that Rhythm VC and a select group of leading investors believe in our mission to help every person with #ADHD reach their full potentialhttps://t.co/DhUPXJM473
— Inflow - ADHD (@get_inflow) February 18, 2021
The Parliament's internal market committee aims for a committee vote on both the Digital Services Act and the Digital Markets Act in November, according to a draft timetable. https://t.co/hSDmhV0VP6
— Laura Kayali (@LauKaya) February 18, 2021
Belfast wins bid to host European tech conference https://t.co/2C17O69b5m #ThinkGlobal
— Simon Hodgkins (@simonhodgkins) February 18, 2021
Today we're introducing you to 10 Spanish startups to watch in 2021 and beyond! 🇪🇸🚀https://t.co/6t0ftHIilY
— Thomas Ohr (@Thomas_Ohr) February 16, 2021
@UKTNofficial EXCLUSIVE: How modern-day #payments bank @BankingCircle is revolutionising #fintech space. 💸@BankingCircle CEO and co-founder @Anders_la_Cour shares all regarding future plans for 2021, business model and more!https://t.co/1GYKWLXAc6#Sponsored #UKtech
— UKTN (UK Tech News) (@UKTNofficial) February 18, 2021
The EIT Digital Venture Program 2021 launches today, providing coaching & financial support to tech entrepreneurs in 🇦🇱 🇧🇦 🇧🇬 🇭🇷 🇨🇾 🇨🇿 🇪🇪 🇲🇰 🇬🇷 🇲🇹 🇲🇪 🇱🇻 🇱🇹 🇵🇱 🇵🇹 🇷🇸 🇸🇰 🇸🇮 🇷🇴 🇺🇦! Launch your #deeptech startup with EIT Digital partners! 👉 https://t.co/4u6xLAUcyp pic.twitter.com/2NHMHNdlUk
— EIT Digital (@EIT_Digital) February 18, 2021
Today's edition of @EuropeanStraits is about @CapitalCall_
and the lessons I'm drawing from 8 months of curating what European VCs are writing.
Cc @_TheFamily @WillyBraun @VincentTouati https://t.co/kNQznsFvA5
— Nicolas Colin 🌐 (@Nicolas_Colin) February 18, 2021
🧐 Hey, how much do you know about #DESIeu?
Every year, since 2014, we send our dream team, Helena, Klaus, Kasia, Enzo & Marian around the #EU 🇪🇺 to answer this simple question: how #digital is our Europe?
⬇️Check out this video & discover the answer!⬇️
❤️This is #DigitalEU❤️ pic.twitter.com/Bv1bQdelqp
— DigitalSingleMarket (@DSMeu) February 18, 2021
For insect farmers like Antoine Hubert, 2021 isn’t the Year of the Ox — it’s the year of the mealworm.
Fab reporting and writing from @sarah_drumm for @Siftedeu on @Ant1_Hubert https://t.co/4ae6HK8iy8
— Michael Stothard (@MStothard) February 18, 2021
Tell us what you think about this daily roundup and how we can improve it!
And follow us on Twitter of course.
Would you like to write the first comment?Login to post comments