All the information and data below can found in our weekly newsletter (sent every Friday afternoon) as well, but just to showcase that Europe doesn't come to a complete standstill in July-August: these are 10 sizeable funding rounds announced in the past week alone:
- European online auction house Catawiki (NL) raised $82 million in Series C funding
- Secret Escapes (UK) secured $60 million in funding from Google Ventures and others
- Tictail (Sweden), Europe’s answer to Etsy and Shopify, secured $22 million in Series B funding
- iwoca, a fast-growing SME lending platform (UK), raised $20 million
- Rocket Internet's latest startup, Vaniday (Germany), raised $16.6 million
- Equity crowdfunding platform Seedrs (UK) raised a $15.6 million round
- Its rival, Crowdcube (UK), raised $9.4 million in funding
- Rocket Internet-backed GoButler (Germany) raised a $8 million round
- URBANARA (Germany) closed a $6 million round
That's five financing rounds for UK companies, three in Germany, one in Sweden and one in the Netherlands for a total of $310 million in capital raised just this week.
If they'd been included the final tally would be $460 million.
Enjoy the weekend!
Featured image credit: Lisa S. / Shutterstock