Green tech? Cleantech? Impact tech? Sustainability tech?
Whatever you want to call it, there is a global shift underway in the world of startups, investors and policymakers alike, to increasingly support the creation and scaling of innovative technologies to tackle the immense problems that are (and will be) caused by climate change and other factors.
Together with leading entrepreneurs, investors, policymakers and business experts, we’ll get to the point about what is – and isn’t – happening in Europe today on that level.
Join us on Thursday 15 April for unique data and insightful conversations about the topic of ‘green innovation’. We are hosting the (free, virtual) event in partnership with Rockstart, a global accelerator/VC empowering purpose-driven founders.
Rockstart’s purpose is to fund the transformation to a regenerative and sustainable future. Through their €18+ million fund focused on AgriFood startups, Rockstart is looking for (pre-)seed stage startups with a focus on agtech and foodtech (hence: agrifood) to back in the coming months.
Rockstart backs impactful and scalable solutions led by passionate founders, leveraging emerging technologies and new business models that improve our food supply system from soil to gut. Particular areas of interest for the fund include: Regenerative & Future-Proof Production, Responsible & Circular Processes, and Distribution and Quantifiable Food Consumption.
Rockstart has opened applications, with a deadline to apply by the end of April 2021; managing partner agrifood at Rockstart Mark Durno has joined our roster of speakers next week to discuss the opportunities and challenges in the ‘agrifood’ field.
Other speakers include:
- Lubomila Jordanova, founder and CEO of PlanA.Earth, a Berlin-based startup that is fighting climate change with data, and founder of the Greentech Alliance.
- Dr. Aline Vedder, investor at Ananda Impact Ventures, one of the leading impact venture capital funds with a pan-European focus.
- Santiago Lefebvre, founder and CEO of ChangeNOW, the world’s largest gathering of innovations for the planet.
- Manuella Cunha Brito, co-founder of Climatescape and Good Tech Lab, and co-author of “The Frontiers of Impact Tech”.
- Nicole LeBlanc, Partner at 2150, a VC firm investing in technology companies that seek to sustainably reimagine and reshape the urban environment.
We’ll announce more speakers early next week, but don’t let that stop you – sign up now!