Tech.eu Podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below.
Here’s what we discussed this time.
🎧 Shout-outs from Natalie
- Transferwise: “Why we’re opening our doors to EU citizens this month”
- Revolut ditches “Get shit done” slogan amid spate of criticism
🎧 XING acquires Honeypot and prepares to rebrand the holding company
- German professional social network XING acquires Honeypot for “up to €57 million”
- German LinkedIn rival Xing is rebranding as ‘New Work,’ acquires recruitment platform Honeypot for up to $64M
- Xing SE renames itself as New Work SE
🎧 Shaking up the VC scene in Europe
- Canadian investment firm OMERS Ventures launches in Europe with a €300 million fund
- Nauta Capital launches €55 million ‘sidecar’ fund to double-down on its later-stage portfolio
- Octopus Ventures launches £83 million growth fund
- Venture capital: Venturing further in Europe
🎧 Interview with Alice Zagury from The Family
🎧 Event overview
- Industry: The Product Conference on April 15–17 in Dublin, Ireland
- WeGame 5.0 on April 20–21 in Kyiv, Ukraine
🎧 Reading/watching/listening recommendations
- How Amazon’s $97 million Eero acquisition screwed employees and minted millionaires
- A 20-year-old DOOM speedrunning record was finally broken
- Hear Elon Musk’s surprise rap song ‘RIP Harambe’