The Tech.eu podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below.
Here’s what we discussed this time.
The biggest deal of the week: UiPath announced the close of its Series C at $265 million, which is $40 million higher than what it announced two months ago. UiPath was founded by Romanian entrepreneurs and is now headquartered in New York. This is their third funding announcement of the year, and the company is now estimated to have a valuation of three billion us dollars.
If you are interested in getting more analysis from funding rounds — our premium subscription has all of them.
BlaBlaCar made two announcements in one:
- BlaBlaCar is raising €101 million in funding with SNCF, the French national railway operator, leading the round;
- It also plans to acquire Ouibus from — whom do you think? — SNCF, again!
UK Brexit Draft Agreement: What does it mean for the UK tech industry?
- Brexit: What’s the deal on the table and what happens next?
- Background to techUK’s decision to support the Withdrawal Agreement
- UK Tech Industry Letter to MPs
- European Startups Don’t Really Care About Brexit
- EU citizens’ rights and Brexit
- Progress on the UK’s exit from, and future relationship with, the European Union
- “So-called ‘tech industry body’ @techUK capitulates to the Government’s awful #BrexitAgreement”…
Events coming up soon:
- Baltic Sandbox’s Demo Day in Vilnius; November 22–23
- Scottish Startup Awards in Edinburgh; November 29
- Robotex in Tallinn; November 26 – December 2
- Slush in Helsinki; December 4–5
- Seedstars CEE Summit in Kyiv; December 14
Did we miss something? Let us know by filling out the event submission form.
Our reading recommendations:
- “Delay, Deny and Deflect: How Facebook’s leaders fought through crisis”
- “Period-tracking apps are not for women”
- The Startup Notes Podcast
- The Scaling Startup Podcast