Berlin’s "carbon management made simple" solution for businesses, Planetly, has been acquired by B2B privacy, security, and data governance specialist, OneTrust. With the acquisition, OneTrust rapidly expands its ESG offer, while at the same time, Planetly goes truly planetly overnight.
Within the span of two short years, Planetly has developed a platform that’s employed by over 170 brands, including household names such as BMW, HelloFresh, and The Economist Group. Likewise, the Berlin startup is responsible for powering a number of carbon-neutral programmes across a wide range of industries including e-commerce, logistics, and technology, and leading frameworks and standards, such as GHG Protocol, CDP, and SBTI.
OneTrust, with more than 10,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500, will now not only have access to Planetly's techstack, but also a team of 120 sustainability experts at its fingertips.
More specifically, OneTrust’s plans for the Planetly integration include offering clients:
- Dedicated climate impact and carbon management tooling
- Real-time carbon footprint analysis
- Deep sustainability research, best practices, and expertise
- Industry-specific carbon management tools for e-commerce, logistics, technology, and more
- Integration with leading frameworks and standards, including GHG Protocol, CDP, and SBTI
“Benedikt and I have been clear from day 1 that ‘Impact = Purpose + Scale’ is what we need to do. By joining forces with OneTrust we will keep our purpose how it is and maximize our scale overnight,” said co-founder Anna Alex.