Here’s what happened today in European Tech.
– Israeli-founded cyber company Bridgecrew has been acquired by Palo Alto Networks, the companies confirmed on Tuesday announcing they has signed a definitive agreement for a $156 million cash deal.
– GetYourGuide, the Berlin startup that curates, organises and lets travellers and others book tours and other experiences, has secured a revolving credit facility of €80 million, led by UniCredit.
– Manchester-based data integration company Matillion has raised more than £72 million in Series D funding. The round was led by Lightspeed Venture Partners.
– Personetics, the Israeli company behind an data-driven platform that uses AI to help banks issue personalized advice and insights to customers, has raised $75 million in funding from private equity firm Warburg Pincus.
– London-based global investment firm Flashpoint has announced the launch of its secondary fund, targeting $200 million, after completing a first close of $70 million.
– Revent — a new European early-stage VC fund with an ‘impact’ focus — is coming out of the gate today, and is poised to reach its target of a €50 million fund, with the first close of that already completed.
– Healthy habits and wellness app actio has extended its seed round to over €10 million with a new investment from fellow Berlin-based firm Heal Capital, a healthtech VC.
– Billhop, a Swedish company that enables businesses and individuals to pay their invoices by credit card, has closed a €4 million Series A round from fintech VC Element Ventures.
– We also tracked a large number of (other) European tech funding rounds and M&A transactions, all of which we are putting in a handy list for you on Friday afternoon in our weekly roundup newsletter (note: the full list is for paying customers only). Also check out our European tech news section for ongoing coverage.
– European consumer organization BEUC has filed a complaint to the European Commission against TikTok, a Chinese short video sharing platform. National consumer organizations in European countries have also alerted their respective authorities, asking them to investigate the company.
– SoftBank-backed lender OakNorth is facing almost £100 million of defaults from ten borrowers.
– Mollie, the Amsterdam-based payment service unicorn, has announced its expansion into the UK market to help merchants with European growth post-Brexit.
– How a no-code platform can help craft the right culture around your digital transformation.
– Once CEO Clémentine Lalande: How I Sold Our Company
Today’s Top Tweets
Usually the community has to wait for an IPO to invest, but by that time, the valuation is already high. We are inviting you to own Nothing from the very beginning, at the same price as our Series A, and be on board for the entire ride.🚀 https://t.co/mnQtoiJwOV
— Carl Pei (@getpeid) February 16, 2021
Today Tiktok is not popular for fully respecting EU consumer & #Eudatap laws. @beuc + 17 consumer groups launch an action to make the app better for consumers, stop & correct wrongdoings. While focused on consumer law, we also looked at #GDPR compliance: https://t.co/f8sf4WrflZ⬇️
— Maryant Fernández (@maryantfp) February 16, 2021
Fourth generation of #SailfishOS is here! The mobile OS with built-in privacy is now more business ready than ever. Read about it in our blog:https://t.co/Scic3CETsA #mobile #mobileOS #jolla #sailfish4
— Jolla (@JollaHQ) February 16, 2021
Google reached a deal with EU regulators where they show Android users a screen like this, allowing people to select their default search engine. It's been an unmitigated disaster: pic.twitter.com/4nspcq7UU7
— Nathan Lazarus (@NathanLazarus3) February 15, 2021
France launches new tools to allow users, regulators and authorities to review and track changes of online platforms’ terms of services (including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Twitter, Netflix and many more) https://t.co/XIRDuuOJ6M
— Laura Kayali (@LauKaya) February 16, 2021
— @mikko (@mikko) February 16, 2021
***BLOG ALERT*** Sharing failures, learnings and highlights from 2020! https://t.co/dkLfkteUVu. Brawls Stars became our 5th game to hit $1B in lifetime revenue – another incredible achievement by our amazing teams. Also, a massive THANK YOU to all of our players!!!
— Ilkka Paananen (@ipaananen) February 16, 2021
Lots of mission to report on from Q4:
📉 Average transfer price came down to 0.69%;
⚡️ 34% of payments become instant;
🌎 Our multi-currency account became even more borderless in 🇯🇵🇹🇷🇨🇦🇷🇴🇵🇱🇺🇸.
— TransferWise (@TransferWise) February 16, 2021
We're delighted to welcome @ljin18 and @AtelierVentures to our Fund of Funds portfolio. We are very excited to support the Passion Economy community and learn from one of the most recognised leaders in the space. https://t.co/x9ytJt2GJi
— Draper Esprit (@DraperEsprit) February 16, 2021
The return to the office scenario will be dominated by hybrid or flexible work that will inevitably require dynamic commuting solutions like BusUp. We're proud to announce our participation in their Series A, which will help them expand into U.S. markets. https://t.co/M21sZAXMB4
— Autotech Ventures (@autotechvc) February 15, 2021
🇬🇷 Greece is steaming ahead with their biometric border management infrastructure – planning on equipping all ports, airports and border check points with biometric detection systems for facial recognition & fingerprinting: https://t.co/4pD38NykSe
— Samuel Stolton (@SamuelStolton) February 16, 2021
Tell us what you think about this daily roundup and how we can improve it!
And follow us on Twitter of course.