Tech.eu Podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
Today’s episode is kindly sponsored by the O’Reilly Velocity conference . Get experts insights and essential training on critical topics like chaos engineering, cloud-native systems, emerging tech, serverless, production engineering and Kubernetes — including an on-site CKAD prep and certification. Listeners of the Tech.eu podcast can get 20 percent off of most passes to Velocity — use the code TECHEU20 during registration.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below. Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
Here’s what we discussed this week.
🎧 Europe vs. Libra
- Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency will be blocked in Europe, France says
- France to block Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency in Europe
- Facebook’s crypto Libra seeks Swiss payment licence from FINMA
- Switzerland warns Facebook’s Libra it will face extra scrutiny
- Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency ‘open to massive fraud’, MP warns
🎧 Amsterdam, the coolest place to IPO?
- Naspers’ Prosus lists in Amsterdam to become Europe’s largest consumer Internet firm
- Naspers spin-off Prosus surges 25% on market debut in Amsterdam
- Dutch tech firm CM.com eyes $110 million IPO in Amsterdam
- Introducing Prosus: A rare European mega-tech stock
🎧 The new European Commission
- The von der Leyen Commission: for a Union that strives for more
- Apple takes on EU’s Vestager in record $14 billion tax fight
🎧 Reading recommendations
- Human speech may have a universal transmission rate: 39 bits per second
- Is your Amazon habit wrecking the planet? (Podcast)