We are looking for an experienced startup and venture capital reporter to join us at Tech.eu, Europe's premier tech industry information portal and market intelligence platform.
Your daily tasks will include researching and publishing news, profiles, features, data-driven research articles and interviews about the world of European technology startups and venture capital funding, M&A transactions and IPOs/SPACs, with a particular focus on the increasing number of high-growth scale-ups and unicorns founded in Europe.
Ideally, we would love to work with someone who’s ambitious and motivated to progress as there is the clear potential to extend the responsibilities and the role both inside Tech.eu and at events.
What we are looking for from you:
- A deep understanding of the tech and VC ecosystem in Europe and globally
- Proven writing, editing and interviewing skills and the ability to work based on tight deadlines. Ideally you have 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Self-discipline and the ability to work productively both alone and with our team
- Native or near-native level of English
- A strong motivation to grow and develop and take on more responsibility
- An interest in data and extracting insights from data would be an advantage, as is experience in managing an editorial team
What you will do:
- Research, write, and publish news stories, features, data-driven research articles and interviews related to the European technology startups and venture capital ecosystems
- Work with WordPress and our newsletter platforms to produce site content, particularly for our paying subscribers (Tech.eu Insiders)
- Represent Tech.eu as a business journalist at relevant tech conferences and partner events
- Assist in the everyday operations of Tech.eu
- An exciting role to be part of the core team at a leading digital technology publication where your work will reach a growing audience of tech professionals around the world
- A competitive salary and flexible working hours + location
- The opportunity to develop your writing and reporting skills through training and mentoring with our experienced team
- The opportunity for the right candidate to progress quickly and take on more responsibility
- Flexible working location
- Event and travel possibilities
Tech.eu is the premier online publication dedicated to the growing European technology ecosystem(s), delivering a range of editorial products with a clear focus on curated news, actionable information and educational interviews with movers and shakers from across Europe, combined with insightful market intelligence reports based on our proprietary database, events, a jobs platform and a variety of other services.
We started Tech.eu in 2013 with a diverse team based across Europe, and are passionate as ever about covering the ins and outs of the ever-evolving European technology landscape. In October 2021, we were acquired by Webrazzi, a media, research and events company based in Turkey, and we are keen to expand our team and accelerate our growth.
Do you meet (most of the) requirements outlined above, and would you jump at the opportunity at working with Tech.eu on a wide variety of projects? Apply now and let’s have a chat!
Please send a friendly email to [email protected] with your CV attached to it, and let's start a conversation.