From the entire tech.eu team, we wish you a Merry Christmas. Enjoy the holidays! If for some reason you're still online, here is what happened today in European tech:
- Bristol, UK-based Brightpearl, which currently helps approximately 1,000 retailers streamline their operations and boost sales, has raised $33 million in funding to scale its business.
- Israeli mobile games developer Moonactive has acquired Belarus casual games developer Melsoft Games. Melsoft has 240 employees, most of them in the Belarus capital Minsk.
- Dog Chef, a Belgian startup that produces fresh food for pets, has raised €1 million from Proplast, Seeder Fund and two business angels. The funding will help them develop their workshop near Brussels and grow the team.
- Simac has acquired PHI DATA, a Belgian company that specialises in 'Smart Edge solutions' to help companies with their digital transformations.
- We also tracked a large number of (other) European tech funding rounds and M&A transactions, all of which we are putting in a handy list for you on Friday afternoon in our weekly roundup newsletter (note: the full list is for paying customers only). Also check out our European tech news section for ongoing coverage.
- Startup Continent: The Most Well-Funded Tech Startups In Europe (CB Insights)
- Hot or not: Where European VC funding went in 2020 (PitchBook)
- A new study highlights Barcelona’s recent growth as a hub for travel startups.
Tell us what you think about this daily roundup and how we can improve it!
And follow us on Twitter of course.