Applications are open for an EIT Community-led programme to support startups and scaleups whose missions are in line with the European Green Deal. 20 companies will be selected and supported with 50,000 EUR worth of business growth support, which will total 1M EUR-worth of available support.
The support is focused around the New European Bauhaus concept – an interdisciplinary EU initiative to foster a more “sustainable, inclusive, and beautiful” European lifestyle. Startups that are driving change for cities, industries, climate, food, wellbeing and overall quality of life are invited to apply to one or more of the five programmes created in collaboration with the EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities:
- EIT Digital Accelerator: for scaleups leveraging the power of digital transformation to create innovative solutions and products across industries, cities and communities integrating circularity, inclusion and aesthetics in order to foster a green, safe and sustainable future.
- The Clean Cities ClimAccelerator: for startups developing innovative projects for the renewable energy industry, mobility, green spaces and retrofitting, contributing to more sustainable, healthy and clean cities, and thus improving citizens’ quality of life and experience.
- EIT Food Accelerator Network: for agri-food startups making a big impact on any part of the agriculture or food supply chain, thus committed to building a healthier, more trusted and sustainable food system for local and global communities.
- EIT Manufacturing Accelerator: for startups enabling green and socially sustainable manufacturing, developing circular economy solutions and integrated thinking in the industrial ecosystem.
- EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator: for startups developing sustainable alternatives for hardscapes as urban spaces, fostering biodiversity, as well as enhancing accessibility for citizen wellbeing and pushing for universal mobility as a key enabler for social inclusion.
Each programme has their own set of requirements for potential applicants. Get to know each by clicking through each programme on the EIT Community Booster website.
Depending on the programme, startups will be provided with a tailored support package made up of a combination of grants and business support from the EIT Community, including mentorship, coaching, training, access to academic and research organisations, financing opportunities, fundraising training, access to EIT Climate KIC’s ecosystem of cities, corporations, investors, SMEs and more.
The New European Bauhaus concept has been launched by the European Commission, and aims to “translate the European Green Deal into a tangible, positive experience in which all Europeans can participate and progress together.” In order to support innovations in this field, EIT Community Booster is looking to support and scale startups that share the New European Bauhaus concept's core dimensions, which are:
- sustainability, from climate goals to circularity, zero pollution, and biodiversity
- aesthetics, quality of experience and style, beyond functionality
- inclusion, from valorising diversity to securing accessibility and affordability
Gioia Ghezzi, Chair of the EIT Governing Board: “The EIT Community contributes to all aspects of the New European Bauhaus and has the ecosystem in place to find exciting ideas and start-ups from across Europe. We can’t wait to discover and scale the creative and innovative solutions that will help reimagine sustainable living and make living spaces more beautiful and affordable!”
Applications are open and can be submitted until December 17, 2021, 23:59 CET through the EIT Community Booster website. Selected startups and scaleups will be announced in March, 2022.