Tech.eu Podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below.Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
Here’s what we discussed this time.
🎧 Lithuania, fintech, and Revolut
- Lithuania sees flood of fintech firms apply for licences ahead of Brexit
- Revolut boss denies British digital bank has Kremlin links
- Lithuanian parlt panel chair turns to financial crime, intelligence bodies over Revolut
- Banking company Revolut condemned for ‘single-shaming’ advert ahead of Valentine’s Day
🎧 Malt funding and the future of work
- Malt raises €25 million to further develop its freelance community in Europe, and to transform the industry of high value-add services in the digital space
- French freelance marketplace Malt raises $25 million to expand across Europe
- The Gig Economy Goes Global
- Proceedings: Open round table “The Future of Work” (PDF)
🎧 Interview: Julia Reda, MEP from the Pirate Party, talking about the Copyright Directive
- “The Copyright Directive: how the mob was told to save the dragon and slay the knight”
- The Copyright Directive (this is how the post above looks now)
🎧 Events overview
- TechChill in Riga on February 21–22;
- FutureXSocial: Going Global in Edinburgh on February 27;
- 4YFN in Barcelona on February 25–27;
- Female Founder Challenge by Vivatech in Paris on May 16–18
🎧 Reading recommendations:
- “Why CAPTCHAs have gotten so difficult” by Josh Dzieza on The Verge;
- “State of Remote Work 2019” by Buffer.