tech.eu Podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below. Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
Here’s what we discussed this time.
🎧 SoftBank’s alleged shopping frenzy in Germany
- German travel startup GetYourGuide lands €500 million from SoftBank
- Travel activity platform GetYourGuide is raising a big round, says €500M report is ‘inaccurate’
- Softbank invests €900 million in Germany’s Wirecard
- Wirecard relied on three opaque partners for almost all its profit
- Senior Wirecard executives approved transactions in fraud probe
- Deutsche Bank revealed as behind €150m loan to Wirecard founder
🎧 Car sharing in Europe, and is it possible for money to buy happiness?
- I tried Uber’s luxurious competitor Wheely, and it made me think it’s possible for money to buy happiness
- Wheely raises $15 million for its luxury ride-hailing app
- Drivy is joining Getaround to build a global carsharing leader
- PGE invests PLN 15 million and acquires carsharing 4Mobility
🎧 Event overview:
🎧 Reading recommendations:
- Confessions of a White Paper writer
- The scruples of writing ICO whitepapers
- It’s time to boycott Saudi money (aka Masa’s Vision Fund)
- A closer look at the “Davos in the desert” in an earlier episode of our podcast
- EU Elections: Will startups be at the table or on the menu?
Image credit: Shizuo Kambayashi / Associated Press | Audio engineering: Sound Pulse