Tech.eu Podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below.
Here’s what we discussed this week.
🎧 German publishers vs. The Big Bad Tech
- Germany’s biggest publisher sales houses unite to fight Google, Facebook and Amazon
- German publishers are pooling data to compete with Google and Facebook
🎧 Stronger together? A rise in mergers and partnerships
- In travel tech, 4 rivals merge in Europe to form Altido for property management of Airbnb-style homes
- Men’s personal shopper Modomoto acquires the Cloakroom in roll-up
- HouseMyDog and Gudog merge in European dog walking roll up
- 5 things to know about US-based Getaround and French startup Drivy’s successful merger
- Bespoke fashion startups join forces for European expansion
🎧 Event overview
- Techsylvania on June 8–11 in Cluj, Romania
- Startup Extreme on June 24–26 in Voss, Norway
- PIRATE Summit no June 26–28 in Cologne, Germany
🎧 Reading recommendations
- Martin Bryant: “I miss blind, dumb enthusiasm for new tech”
- Amy Lewin: “VCs have to go big, go brand, or go home” (and a Twitter discussion)