The Tech.eu podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below.
Here’s what we discussed this time.
🎤 The biggest deal of the week: immersive reality tech startup Varjo has raised a $31 million Series B round from Atomico, Next47, and others.
🎤 Apple’s shopping in Europe
- Danish startup Spektral sold to Apple for $30 million
- Apple confirms it has acquired Spektral, a Danish computer vision startup, for augmented reality technology
- Apple inks $600M deal to license IP, acquire assets and talent from Dialog to expand chipmaking in Europe
🎤 HelloFresh and the issues with subscription marketing
- The World’s Most Ruthless Food Startup: The Inside Story of How HelloFresh Clawed Its Way to the Top
- HelloFresh: The world’s most ruthless food startup
- ‘Complaints are vastly outweighed by positive feedback’: HelloFresh defends face-to-face salespeople
- HelloFresh To End Street Team Program Following Complaints From Greenpoint Residents
- Subscription box deliveries set to become billion-pound market
- HelloFresh has a Bigger Customer Retention Problem Than Blue Apron
🎤 Berlin-based startup Pitch raises $19 million to take on slide decks
- Pitch, from the founders of Wunderlist, raises $19M to take on PowerPoint in presentations
- Wunderlist creators raise $19 million for Pitch, a next-gen collaborative presentation platform
- NOAH London Conference; October 30–31
- Fintech Belgium Summit in Brussels, Belgium; October 22
- Women Startup Challenge Europe in Paris, France; October 25
Did we miss something? Let us know by filling out the event submission form.
Our reading recommendations
🎤 Kara Swisher: “I just knew I was going to surpass these guys I was working for.” Also, check out Kara’s recent AMA session on Reddit.
🎤 Blockchain scepticism: “The Big Blockchain Lie” and “Sorry Civil, ‘crypto-economics’ and ‘constitutions’ won’t save journalism.”
🎤 Bonus: Tim Berners-Lee on reinventing the web (without blockchain).
We hope you enjoy the podcast! Please feel free to email us with any questions, suggestions, and opinions at email@example.com.