tech.eu Podcast hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler is a show in which we discuss some of the most interesting stories from the European technology scene and interview leading entrepreneurs and investors from across the region.
You can find the latest episode here or embedded below. Subscribe to the podcast today and don’t miss new episodes:
Here’s what we discussed this week.
🎧 E-scooter update
- Have the wheels come off the Paris electric scooter market?
- Electric scooter crash: Boy fighting for life after second London accident in days
🎧 Europe eyes stricter rules on facial recognition
- Europe eyes stricter rules on facial recognition
- ICO issues GDPR warning to police forces over facial recognition technology
🎧 Interview: Tim Schumacher, entrepreneur and investor from Cologne, co-founder of Eyeo, Sedo, and SaaS.group
🎧 France and Britain bite back on big tech
- French move on digital tax ups the ante
- UK braves US ire by pressing ahead with tax on tech companies
- International community agrees on a road map for resolving the tax challenges arising from digitalisation of the economy
- As Nations Look to Tax Tech Firms, U.S. Scrambles to Broker a Deal
- The French Digital Service Tax: An Economic Impact Assessment
🎧 The future of EU-US data flows
- Facebook Surveillance Case Could Kill EU-U.S. Data Flow
- Ireland’s privacy regulator under fire in EU top court
🎧 The Big Tech news week
- Facebook’s $5 billion FTC fine is an embarrassing joke
- German Amazon workers go on strike as Prime Day begins
- Tommy Robinson banned from YouTube for 'hate speech'
- Reply All - #145 Louder
🎧 Bonus link: France to create new space force command - Macron