Here's what happened today in European Tech.
- Food delivery company Deliveroo could make Britain’s biggest stock market debut since Glencore went public nearly a decade ago, after setting a price range on Monday that values it at up to $12 billion.
- It's official: Israeli company ironSource, a platform for game and app developers, is to be merged into SPAC Thoma Bravo Advantage at a valuation of approximately $11.1 billion.
- Utrecht-based ERP software firm Unit4 has been acquired by private equity firm TA Associates. The exact number of the deal was not provided, with TA Associates commenting, “a transactional values in excess of $2 billion.”
- US media platform Digital Turbine is to acquire 95% of the shares in Israeli-German company Fyber. Fyber's share price has risen 232% over the past year and Digital Turbine will pay a 71% premium on Fyber's current market cap, by paying $600 million.
- Berlin-based automation and cloud-based open source software provider Camunda has closed an €82 million Series B round. Led by Insight Partners, the round was also followed on by Highland Europe.
- Aldea Ventures has today announced a €60 million first close of a target €100 million first fund to invest in 700 technology-enabled startups across Europe. The firm takes a hybrid approach.
- Zopa has landed £20 million from existing investors after picking up £250 million in deposits following the launch of its app-only bank last year.
- Israeli cybersecurity company SCADAfence announced that it has completed a $12 million financing round led by existing investor JVP together with strategic investor Rapids7 and the participation of other existing shareholders.
- London-based financial solutions provider Profile Software has acquired 100% of Euronext Centevo. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- We also tracked a large number of (other) European tech funding rounds and M&A transactions, all of which we are putting in a handy list for you on Friday afternoon in our weekly roundup newsletter (note: the full list is for paying customers only). Also check out our European tech news section for ongoing coverage.
- FT sources: UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak will delay a decision over an online sales tax until fall, in a bid to see whether US supports OECD tax reform efforts.
- Revolut has filed a draft application for a banking licence in the US.
- Margrethe Vestager, the executive VP of the European Commission, said she has “reservations” about a proposal from the Portuguese EU Presidency to unblock negotiations on the ePrivacy regulation.
- Just 43 of the UK’s fastest-growing tech firms have floated on the London Stock Exchange in the last twenty years, according to new research.
- Scores of US fund managers are being forced to comply with sweeping new European rules on climate and other sustainable-finance issues, requiring them to disclose the potential harm their investments could do to the environment and society.
- British startup bank OakNorth Bank saw profits jump last year despite the COVID-19 pandemic. Its annual accounts showed pre-tax profits rose by 18% to £77.6 million last year.
- A month after his surprise departure from Intel, Uri Frank has been appointed VP of Engineering for server chip design at Google. Frank, according to a statement by Google, will establish an international team set to operate out of Israel.
- Tandem Bank, a UK-based challenger bank focused on helping people save money whilst pushing for a sustainable future, has just launched its new banking platform.
- Since the beginning of this year, eight Icelandic tech firms have been partially or fully acquired by investors or tech companies, both domestic and foreign.
Today's Top Tweets
Attending @WolvesSummit this week?
Our Managing Partner @oholle and leading CEE investors will join @robinwauters on the ScaleUp stage powered by @tech_eu.
When: Thursday, March 25
Agenda + tickets 👇https://t.co/rcwY55oOAX#tech #startups #CEE #investors #VentureCapital pic.twitter.com/btq19KbRwe
— Speedinvest (@speedinvest) March 22, 2021
👉Amsterdam-based food delivery giant, @JustEatTakeaway , 😎 announces long-term partnership with UEFA for a wide range of UEFA football competitions.🏈
📙Read the article to know more about the ‘goal’ of this partnership for the food delivery giant.https://t.co/tA49KVsk4N
— Silicon Canals - European technology news (@SiliconCanals) March 22, 2021
Great news for @PartechPartners portfolio company @LaliloApp, which has been acquired by @RenLearnUS !🔥
Congratulations also go to our own @ImbertAlison as this is the 1st exit of the Paris Saclay Seed Fund, well done Alison! 👏https://t.co/CbwC3g3puu pic.twitter.com/4i75lRVfXP
— Isabelle Tresson (@IsabelleTresson) March 22, 2021
#DigitalEU "European competitiveness in the digital future" Executive Vice-President Margrethe Vestager's speech at "Europe’s digital future – a precondition for a competitive economy" Stockholm (online), 22 March 2021 https://t.co/K2b2nJsc4x pic.twitter.com/oLiPE4JkrL
— EU Competition (@EU_Competition) March 22, 2021
Exclusive: The Deliveroo founder and chief executive Will Shu plans to sell more than 6.7m shares as part of its initial public offering, which at the top end of its price range would generate proceeds of more than £29m.
— Mark Kleinman (@MarkKleinmanSky) March 22, 2021
— DealflowES (@dealflowes) March 22, 2021
https://t.co/P719zv6IQU Podcast #211: Nicolas Julia of Sorare, e-scooters, gigafactories, privacy issues of Clubhouse, and more#startuparound #startups #startupnews #entrepreneurship #Tech.eu #Podcast #Nicolas https://t.co/cfwX6fvXkF
— Startup Around (@StartupAround) March 22, 2021
Here are detailed KPI on 10 years in the European 🇪🇺 #InsurTech scene,
including how startups have covered (and performed) alongside the value chain & by market. #FinTech
👉 https://t.co/za0pgK2xSO pic.twitter.com/e78Mk0uQ0t
— Florian Graillot (@FGraillot) March 22, 2021
On #WorldWaterDay, we are pleased to share that we are donating a portion of our carried interest to @charitywater, who has brought clean water to more than 11m people in the world. We are grateful for their work 💙💧🌎https://t.co/CWmm7BzxYF
— Felix Capital (@FelixCapital) March 22, 2021
We’re announcing a series of updates across music and podcasts that will make the Home experience even more personalized for our listeners. Learn more. ⬇️ https://t.co/RGBInX5qJ7
— Spotify News (@SpotifyNews) March 22, 2021
#EXKLUSIV - Jetzt im Insider-Podcast:
+++ Planet A Ventures plant 100 Millionen Fonds. Zum Team gehören Jimdo-Gründer @fridel, Tobias Seikel (zuletzt @HanseVentures), @ChrSchad, Lena Thiede und @nickdelaforge.
Jetzt hier direkt reinhören https://t.co/LT4Ikes5ug
— deutsche-startups.de (@DStartups) March 22, 2021
— Simon Cocking (@SimonCocking) March 22, 2021
— Opera (@opera) March 22, 2021
🆕@TESSARES_SA will be able to benefit from a direct equity investment of up to €1.5m with the @EUeic Fund!
In this way, 🇪🇺 will support the company in implementing hybrid internet connectivity.🌐
➡️ https://t.co/EsNp6Eb2MY pic.twitter.com/3GBl7VDRti
— Mariya Gabriel (@GabrielMariya) March 22, 2021
— tech.eu (@tech_eu) March 22, 2021
Tell us what you think about this daily roundup and how we can improve it!
And follow us on Twitter of course.