Here's what happened today in European Tech.
- Stockholm’s BNPL juggernaut Klarna has confirmed a new equity funding round of $639 million led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund 2. With this raise Klarna now clocks in at a post-money valuation of $45.6 billion, a figure that is only eclipsed by Stripe in the fintech world.
- After two decades of being one of Europe’s leading Series A venture firms, Balderton Capital has raised a mammoth $680 million to launch an early growth fund.
- Ledger, the Paris-based producer of crypto hardware wallets, has closed a $380 million Series C fundraise valuing the startup at more than $1.5 billion.
- UK based core banking provider 10x Future Technologies is set to sell a slice of its business in a deal valuing the company at more than £500 million.
- European growth investor HPE Growth has collected €160 million to support an increasingly popular deal structure that gives the firm more time to support PPRO, a cross-border payments infrastructure technology company the firm initially backed in 2014.
- Israeli big data web and mobile app analytics company Glassbox has announced the successful completion of its IPO on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE). The company raised $100 million at a valuation of nearly $500 million.
- London-based Permira aims to raise some $2.5 billion for its second growth fund focused on investments in smaller, growing technology companies.
- French e-signature startup Yousign has raised a $36.6 million Series A funding round. Lead Edge Capital is leading the round and eFounders is investing once again in the company.
- Nexxiot, a Swiss company active in global supply chain digitisation, has raised $25 million in a round led by US investment firm QVIDTVM.
- Parisian mobile games publisher Voodoo has acquired Tel Aviv-based cross-channel marketing automation platform Bidshake.
- We also tracked a large number of (other) European tech funding rounds and M&A transactions, all of which we are putting in a handy list for you on Friday afternoon in our weekly roundup newsletter (note: the full list is for paying customers only). Also check out our European tech news section for ongoing coverage.
- A European Union privacy regulator has proposed a fine of more than $425 million against Amazon, part of a process that could yield the biggest-yet penalty under the bloc’s privacy law.
- The European Parliament is set to call for more funding for female entrepreneurs in the EU as MEPs gear up for a vote on a new report on gender equality in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- Britain's competition watchdog is planning a formal competition investigation into e-commerce company Amazon over its use of data.
- Significant cyberattacks against critical targets in Europe have doubled in the past year, according to new EU figures.
- Stockholm-based, globally-minded VC firm Creandum has announced the promotion of now-former Principal Peter Specht to Partner. Specht will remain in Berlin, thus strengthening the firms’ presence in one of Europe’s leading startup ecosystems.
- Food delivery service Deliveroo is partnering with Neighbourhood Watch in the UK to offer training to its couriers to keep an eye out for crimes.
Today's Top Tweets
What is a venture builder, how it works, and how is it better than just founding a company on your own?
Check out today's podcast episode with Michaël Niddam, co-founder and managing partner of @kametventures https://t.co/twJAhH909G
— Tech.eu (@tech_eu) June 10, 2021
On The Wallet, I spoke to @checkwarner of VC fund @adaventures - a $50m fund that supports overlooked and underrepresented tech founders. Loved our chat about about raising money, privilege, diversity and personal finances https://t.co/j23DHAeDaj pic.twitter.com/SRa9F6GLrR
— Emilie Bellet (@emilieldn) June 10, 2021
Just me or are new unicorns being announced in France on a weekly basis? Anyways, go @Ledger
— Roxanne Varza (@roxannevarza) June 10, 2021
Wanna join us in discovering Cyprus – as a destination or launchpad for novel tech ventures & scale-ups?
Sign up now for interesting insights on Cyprus’ tech ecosystem - a free event put together in partnership with @InvestCyprus:
>> https://t.co/5phuAV5VX5#tothepoint #cyprus pic.twitter.com/c7koycll62
— Tech.eu (@tech_eu) June 10, 2021
Together with @dealroomco we’ve created a top 100 of Dutch Startups and Scaleups with the biggest funding rounds of 2021 so far!
Are you missing any companies that deserve a spot on this list? Let us know!
Check out the full list here >> https://t.co/5VvoPJQMkg pic.twitter.com/ykkesTMGwu
— Techleap.nl (@Techleapnl) June 10, 2021
Excited to hear that #TheNextWeb #TNW is confirmed as a hybrid event at the super cool @TaetsArtEvents space on September 30th-October 1st
looking forward to seeing all of my lovely European Tech conference friends back in person...
Info and tickets: https://t.co/9fz5vgDV6B pic.twitter.com/HJvWeoI4fR
— Ξthan Pierse (@EthanPierse) June 10, 2021
Nordic H1 VC and growth deal value at all-time high https://t.co/J6nMhu4Vj4 via @UnquoteNews #VentureCapital #nordics
— Invest Europe (@InvestEuropeEU) June 10, 2021
Here is the second cohort of the Female Founders Fellowship
A program designed to accelerate success for exemplary female founders
This new cohort is supported by @GoldmanSachs' Launch with GS initiative
Read more ⬇️https://t.co/n6ThOmZqq3 pic.twitter.com/x2UurfWS2v
— STATION F (@joinstationf) June 10, 2021
Relocating to the US requires relinquishing day-to-day ownership of the product roadmap and adapting to running a global business.
Hear from @pete_codat co-founder of @CodatData on this episode of Destination USA.https://t.co/HWbW5kssDh pic.twitter.com/cOXPjVapwo
— Index Ventures (@IndexVentures) June 10, 2021
Imagine being able to improve your company‘s #productivity with robots on the production floor. That‘s possible with @Shop4Cf, which supports companies in implementing effective #manufacturing processes. Apply now! https://t.co/rwvvUYdi3z
— SCALE.CITIES (@ScaleCities) June 10, 2021
Delighted to officially welcome Olga, Alex and their amazing Team to the #FlashpointFamily !!
Proud to be part of @Mercaux exciting growth story! @flashpoint_vc#VentureDebt #teamwork #SaaS #portfoliocompany #gearinguptoseriesB https://t.co/Oe86FcBYtn
— Donatella Callegaris (@CallegarisD) June 10, 2021
.@BoltApp is looking for Head of #Sustainability
Develop our strategy manage multi-million euro budget & green projects plus global partnerships!
Please apply, tag a person or share in your network! #GreenPlan #StartupJobs #Green https://t.co/lPgKQwKmwN pic.twitter.com/CuxXwo2AJF
— Martin Villig (@waldec) June 10, 2021
Tell us what you think about this daily roundup and how we can improve it!
And follow us on Twitter of course.
Would you like to write the first comment?Login to post comments