Berlin-based SoundCloud, a popular music sharing and streaming platform, announced that it has raised $70 million in debt financing. The credit comes from Ares Capital, Kreos Capital, and Davidson Technology.
German online lamp shop Lampenwelt.de has received a major investment of €120 million, coming from the venture capital firm 3i. The company says 3i will also provide a short-term loan of €54 million. The lamp shop generated sales of €61 million in 2016.
Munich-based financial services company Wirecard has announced its acquisition of the Cologne-based online shopping tool Supr. Wirecard had previously been working with the digital startup and processing its online payments for some time. The amount of the deal was not disclosed.
Russian Qiwi, a major electronic payment operator, is buying the Russian startup Flocktory, which produces SaaS software for customer management. Qiwi has agreed to pay 832.8 million rubles (around $14 million) in exchange for a 80 percent stake in the startup. The other 20 percent of shares will continue to be held by the founders and key employees of Flocktory.
Finland-based gaming studio Traplight, which developed the Big Bang Racing mobile game, has raised $2.7 million. The round was led by Korea Investment Partners with participation from previous investors Sunstone Capital and Finnvera, as well as angel investor Shukri Shammas. This latest round increases Traplight’s total funding to $5 million.
Croosing, an Israeli startup, has raised $1.25 million in seed funding from Ramot Investments in its bid to reinvent the hyperlink. Croosing is developing its proprietary “superlinks” technology, a new generation of hyperlinks that stays with the user after they’ve clicked. Superlinks are designed for brands and creators to bring users to multiple webpages through […]
Virtualised networking software developer NFWare has raised $2 million in a round led by Sistema VC. Previous investors Maxfield Capital, Almaz Capital, and Wayra also participated. The Spanish company, which builds software for increasing the network speed for high-load traffic processing, will use the funds to expand further into Europe and into the US. To […]